New in Version 4
New features in version 4:
Freely definable reports
- From this version on, you can assign an arbitrary number of reports to an existing ensochemLab report. This new kind of reports provides you with a freely definable display for the base report's data. For defining reports, ensochemLab offers a comprehensive designer. The new reports are seamlessly integrated into the existing concepts. Their data is automatically updated whenever the base report changes. Furthermore, you can publish your reports as public objects or templates for all users. A special management dialog directly integrated into display and editing provides functions for fast and easy handling.
List for the standard user administration
- The standard user administration module now contains a tabular overview list of all users registered in the system. In combination with the offered sorting capabilities, it enables you to quickly find the entries you are looking for even when site, department and laboratory are unknown.
InfoChem ICEdit supported as chemistry editor
- From this version on, InfoChem ICEdit is supported as an editor for all chemical drawing operations. Please note that this in an external product that needs to be licensed and installed separately.
Configurable permissions for creating public records
- Since this version, the administrator can configure whether he wants to allow the creation of public, non-experiment-related records (process description templates, phrases, reports) for normal users. The setting can be configured separately for each affected data type. If the option is deactivated, users can only create private records that are invisible to all colleagues. This feature enables you to even better represent corporate policies with the laboratory notebook software while disburdening the administrator at the same time.
Configurable default navigator section
- Now every user can configure the navigator section that shall be active (which means automatically expanded) directly after login.
Selection of first data field in experiment wizard
- When you create a new experiment in the experiment wizard, the input focus is now placed inside the experiment number field whenever it is not automatically generated. This change enables you to directly start typing your data without prior having to select a field. If you start the assistant with a double click on a data field in the experiment display, this field is still automatically selected as usual.
Automatic PDF page rotation
- From this version on, ensochemLab includes an optional setting with which a user can define whether software shall automatically detect landscape pages in PDF documents attached to experiments and print them rotated by 90° if the experiment is being printed in portrait mode. This function has been added for optimally adapting the embedded document to the printout layout which minimizes the necessity of shrinking the page and thus the risk of a noticeable decrease of quality and readability. Correlatively, if you print your experiment in landscape more, portrait pages in embedded PDF files will be rotated accordingly if the setting is enabled. If the setting is deactivated, the behavior is just as in the previous version: The pages are shrunken to match the page size so that they can be embedded without having to alter the page orientation.
Duplicate name check for public records
- When saving new non-experiment-related records (reports, display layouts, phrases, process description templates, and calculation templates) the software now verifies that their names are database-wide unique. As such records are visible to all users the name constraints shall help identifying them and help prevent confusions.
Improved phrase support
- The window for inserting text phrases into the experiment description has been extended and now also contains general data (the current date, the current name and the name of the user that is currently logged in) as well as a selection of the most important reactant and product data. Inserting these new values into the description text is completely analogous to the use of own or predefined phrases. Additionally, you can also insert reference texts for associated binary files ('see Layout' for example if you have added a binary file called 'Layout''). For improved clearness, the dialog has been divided into a number of different categories. Each category can be opened / closed and you can now also insert data via drag & drop. Within the process description dialog, the phrases window is now also available for quick experiment data access.
Replacement warning for tabular data
- It is already possible to exchange the tabular data contained in the tabular experiment description, the reaction parameters and the process description with other applications like Microsoft Excel for example via the clipboard. When re-importing the data the user now receives a replacement warning asking him whether he really wants to overwrite his existing tabular records. Optionally, he can also deactivate this warning.
Dialog for saving temporary reports
- Users can already create temporary reports that are only valid for the current session and that will automatically be deleted when logging off. From this version on, a warning dialog is displayed if the user quits the applications and such reports exist. The dialog lists all concerned objects and offers features for comfortably saving them into the database.